*If you’re interested in this class, might want to sign up for my newsletter ASAP. I’ve got something to help make the deal a little sweeter…and a little easier on the wallet…
It’s that time when everyone is feeling all motivated to do that thing that they’ve been wanting to do forever – that thing that never happened because life got in the way. Because of laundry and doctor’s appointments and soccer games. Because it’s scary to jump in and actually do it.
I’m here to tell you that you don’t need to be scared. Jump in. I’ll jump in with you.
Everyone has a story to tell. This year, let’s tell yours.
My online writing class is a small group – just eight students – and we’ll meet on Wednesday evenings online. You’ll log in from anywhere and use your webcam (yeah, it’s strange at first but everyone gets used to it) and we’ll all show up on the screen like the Brady Bunch opening credits. We’re one big happy family and we’re going to write together. I’ll teach you everything you need to know to write your memoir and we’ll read some great writers to find inspiration.
(Click here to see a demo of what a class looks like.)
If you’ve never written a thing: great. If you’ve published three books: great. You’ll find what you need to actually get the words down on paper. There’s no mean person with a red pen shredding your work. It’s a very supportive and encouraging environment where you can dive into the experience of writing.
Class dates: Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 15, 22, Mar. 1, 8, 15
5:00 – 7:00 p.m. PST
Here’s some of what we’ll cover:
- Class #1 – Where to begin: on beginnings, middles and endings
- Class #2 – The Hero’s Journey: structure and story arc
- Class #3 – “Truth” and dealing with the real life people you write about
- Class #4 – Go deeper: show don’t tell and finding your voice
- Class #5 – Covering a few Ws: Character, dialogue and settings
- Class #6 – What’s next? Pitching, queries, agents, publishing and editing
- Class #7 – Living like a writer: deadlines, scheduling and writer’s block
Hope to see you in class!